The 2019 - 2020 school year is off to a great start! We are excited for what is to come, and we look forward to sharing that information with you through this newsletter each month!
Students have Pride Time each day from 2:00 - 2:26. This time is used for the following:
- Monday: PRIDE Meeting Mondays
- Tuesday: Study Hall/Recovery
- Wednesday: Study Hall/Recovery
- Thursday: Study Hall/Recovery
- Friday: D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything & Read)
The social and emotional well-being of our students is so important to us. In our Monday PRIDE time, Lakeside teachers will focus on social emotional learning competencies. These are short lessons that help our students acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage their emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and to make responsible decisions. An overview of topics of discussion for each month will be included in this newsletter, and we encourage families to continue these conversations at home.
To reinforce the elements of P.R.I.D.E., teachers will award PRIDE Bucks to students who exhibit these attributes (positivity, respect, integrity, diligence, and effort) throughout their days at Lakeside. Students will then be able to redeem these PRIDE Bucks for various rewards throughout the year.
This year, we will have three Parent Connect Nights. Each night will focus on various topics, and you will be provided with knowledge and resources that you can use with your children.
The first Parent Connect Night (Curriculum Night) will be on Thursday, September 12th and will begin at 6:00 pm.
- Sat. 8/10: Football vs NFMS @ 9:00 (home)
- Tues. 8/13: Football vs Liberty @ 5:30 (away)
- Wed. 8/14: Ambassador Meeting @ 8:15 (located in the Media Center)
- Wed. 8/14: FAMILY CONNECT NIGHT
- Fri. 8/16: Spirit Night
- Sat. 8/17: Cross Country @ Jasper, GA
- Tues. 8/20: Football vs DeSana @ 5:30 (home)
- Wed. 8/21: Hearts for Human Society Meeting @ 8:15 (located in the Media Center)
- Sat. 8/24: Football vs Liberty @ 9:00 (away) & Cross Country @ Jefferson, GA
- Tues. 8/27: Football vs Riverwatch @ 5:30 (home)
- Thurs. 8/29: Cross Country @ Gainesville, GA
- Fri. 8/30: Early Release K-12 (School Professional Development)
- Mon. 9/2: No School (Labor Day)
- Thurs. 9/12: Parent Connect (Curriculum Night)
*Full Fall Athletics Schedules Below
Spirit Night - Friday, August 16th
The fall spirit night will be on Friday, August 16th from 4:30 - 9:00 pm. The cost for admission is $10 per student, and students must turn in a permission form with payment. Students will be able to sign up this week at a table located outside the cafeteria. A copy of the form can be found HERE.
Intramurals for August: Lacrosse with Coach Beck
*All intramurals are held Monday - Thursday from 8:00 - 8:30. These activities are open to all students (grades 6 -8). Meet in the gym, rain or shine!