Who are we?
The Forest Lake Area High School Tech Team is a group of students expanding their knowledge about technology and working with others. Tech team members experience a form of on-the-job training, through a variety of independent learning opportunities. Students must apply (as with any job), and if accepted, they earn credits and grades like any other high school class.
What do we do?
The tech team is an integral part of technology support staff within our high school. We do a number of things, including:
- Assisting students and staff with hardware and software problems
- Fixing wireless connectivity issues
- Assisting students with applications & printing
- Repairing school-owned hardware
- Assisting staff with AV issues
- Maintaining computer labs and mobile carts
- Developing projects for staff to support our educational mission
- Video promos for things like career day or introducing our exchange students
- Digital imagery & tech setup and support for the school's Veteran's day event
- Refurbishing broken Chromebooks for teachers to use in the classrooms
- Assisting staff in the classroom
Of course, the list above only touches on the things we accomplish every day. We solve problems. It's what we do.
Join the Team
The FLHS Tech Team is a class offered for credit to students in grades 10-12. To become a member of the team:
- Register for the Media & Technology Support Team during class registration in February
- Complete the online application