The Outlook Editor is designed to assist ARAs in creating a published smoke outlook. The tool is restricted for ARA use only.
Published smoke outlooks are available on the Wildland Fire and Air Quality Resource Program site located at https://smoke.wildlandfiresmoke.net
Access to all versions is restricted. See the Help page for more information.
- Version 4 is the current version. It was deployed in Spring 2018
- https://tools.airfire.org/outlook-editor/v4 [accessible only by currently deployed ARAs only]
- https://tools.airfire.org/outlook-editor/practice [accessible to all ARAs for training and practice purposes only]
- Versions 2 and 3 were development versions that have been superceeded.
- Version 1 has been deprecated and is no longer available.
This tool works best under Google Chrome. Internet Explorer / Edge browsers in particular may have issues and features are not guaranteed to work.
Known Issues / Current Development
Work in Progress
- Additional Monitor Locations cause Editor to hang
- 508c compliance
- Additional images needed
- Additional QR codes needed
- Improved HTML format
- Overwrite and de-confliction logic
Air Resource Advisors should use the standard question channel to obtain answers to questions about the Outlook Editor.
All others may contact: Dr. Sim Larkin, USFS-AirFire, at larkin (at) fs.fed.us
The Outlook Editor is a tool developed by the USFS AirFire Team in conjunction with Mazama Science and the University of Washington's School of Environmental and Forestry Sciences (UW-SEFS).
Original design and concept: Sim Larkin, USFS-AirFire
Lead Developer: Mazama Science (contact: Jonathan Callahan, additional development: Helen Miller)
Supporting Services Development: Joel Dubowy, UW SEFS
Funding for the Outlook Editor was provided by the USFS.