Organization and Leadership
The Great Lakes Forest Fire Compact conducts business with the input, assistance and direction of membership committees related to operations, prevention, training, aviation and enforcement. Chair positions on the executive board and each of the committee’s are filled on a rotational basis.
- Vice Chair / Recording Secretary Is Next Chair On Rotation
- New Chairperson Assumes Duties Following The Annual Meeting In The First Year Listed Above
- Compact Board: All Compact activities are directed and coordinated by a Compact Board (also referred to as the Executive Committee), with each state and province providing representation. As the governing body, the Compact Board recommends policy, develops GLFFC procedures and provides direction to the various operating committees.
- Operations: The Operations Committee promotes efficient and effective fire planning and response among Compact members.
- Prevention: Identifies the forest fire prevention needs common to Compact members. The Compact also makes related prevention materials and procedures of member and other agencies available to Compact members.
- Aviation: The Air Operations Sub-Committee ensures the safe and effective sharing of aerial operations resources between GLFFC member agencies.
- Training: The Training Committee plans and implements aggressive and effective Compact training program designed to provide pertinent and timely training in forest fire management between member agencies.
- Law Enforcement: The Law Enforcement Sub-Committee provides a forum to further investigative techniques and education in the application and enforcement of laws related to wildland fires.
- Radio Communications: The Radio Communications Committee oversees building partnerships between the compact States and Provinces to provide safe and effective radio and wireless communications on forest fire operations.
- Forest Health:
- Prescribed Fire: