Wildfires are part of life in the west and fire safety is always a priority. The dry conditions in our summers combined with lots of fuel in the landscape help create unpredictable, dangerous burns that can cover many acres.
Create a defensible space to protect your property from wildfire. Join with your neighbors to make a plan so that all are better protected. We're ready to help. Contact us if you're interested in a professional fire safety evaluation and customized vegetation management plan.
Annual Fire Safety Checklist
- Remove dead trees and bushes
- Thin trees and brush; raise canopies to 6' from the ground
- Remove trimmings, leaves & other combustible debris
- Clear vegetation around fire hydrants, cisterns, propane tanks, and buildings
- Clear roof and gutters of leaves and debris
- Remove branches overhanging chimney and roof
- Stack firewood uphill or on a contour away from the home
- Install and test smoke detectors
- Practice a family fire drill and evacuation plan
- Use noncombustible roof materials
- Place shutters, fire curtains or heavy drapes on windows
- Place screens on foundation and eave vents
- Enclose sides of stilt foundations and decks
- Use a chimney screen or spark arrester
Be Visible & Prepared
- Post address signs that are clearly visible from the street or road
- Make sure an outdoor water supply is available, with hose, nozzle and pump
- Have fire tools, ladder and fire extinguishers available
- Check that your driveway is wide enough for fire trucks and equipment.
"I'm just about to call Fine Tree Care again, because I liked what they did so much. Jeff was very good, because he helped me figure out how to do all that I needed and wanted done. He worked with me, so that I could afford the cost of the whole project. They are very professional, and they stand by their work. I trust them and I like their easy, friendly nature." ~Michael G.