Fine Tree Care is Hiring
The best tree care service hires the best people for the job. We look for good people at all levels of experience--from those ready to start their career to experienced professionals. Friendly, responsible, dedicated employees are our biggest asset in serving our clients and we'll help train our chosen candidates who show a strong desire to learn & grow their skills. Employees also receive continuing education to maintain their industry-specific certifications and keep everyone's skills sharp and current with the best practices.
Fine Tree Care maintains a drug-free workplace. Our work is done in all kinds of weather, sometimes in difficult situations and terrain, using powerful tools and large equipment. Employee safety, and the safety of other people & property near our work sites, is a top priority. Employees must maintain high levels of alertness, focus, judgement and motor skills to perform well & safely, so our policy prohibits the use of any substances that impair any of these functions on the job. Fine Tree Care employees are subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in challenging, creative, satisfying work, we would like to meet you. We encourage candidates of all skill levels to apply, even if there are no open positions published.
- General Laborers
- Project Estimators
- Drivers (Commercial License required)
Currently Open Positions:
- TREE SERVICE ESTIMATOR/SALESPERSON (OUTSIDE SALES)
- TRAINEE – TREE WORK
TO APPLY: Please use the application form and submit a cover letter and your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject line of your email, please enter the job title and your name. Your cover letter should briefly explain your related job experience and also tell us more about you and why you’re interested in this position. Your application should contain a complete employment history including education and professional training. Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and a pre-employment physical prior to a formal offer of employment. For positions that require driving skills, please have your DMV printout and valid identification with you if you are invited for an interview.
Duties: Successfully complete orientation, safety training and work training. Cut, split, and stack firewood. Carry, drag, and chip tree branches in a branch chipper. Use a rake, leaf blower and broom to clean leaves and twigs. Lift medium to heavy objects such as firewood rounds into a truck. Sort chips, branches, and firewood rounds from a common pile, and operate a skid-steer or tractor. Drive a dump truck and dumping trailer. Wash trucks and clean equipment. Sharpen chainsaw chains with a mechanical grinder and by hand file. Other duties as assigned. Must have the ability to follow basic instructions and work under supervision with a small group. Must be able to work safely. Must have reliable transportation.
Days and hours: You may be scheduled by the company to work any day of the week, either in the corporation yard, or on a client site. Part time and full time is available. It is possible the company may allow you to work around a school schedule. Promotion, additional training, and higher pay is available for consistent and reliable workers who are available for full time work, if they demonstrate a desire to learn and advance. If you just want something simple and part time, that's ok too.
EXPERIENCED WORKERS MAY BEGIN AT A HIGHER LEVEL OF PAY! For NON-experienced workers, the first 8 hours of orientation, book training, video training, and practical training is at $10 per hour. The first 40 work hours are paid at $12 per hour and then an evaluation is performed on the above listed work duties. Upon passing the first evaluation, the following 120 hours are paid at $14 per hour. An evaluation is then performed in order for the applicant to pass probation and advance beyond $15 per hour. Competence, productivity, and a positive attitude must be demonstrated and maintained to pass evaluation and probation. Your safety is important above all else.
Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson
Duties: The Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge about tree care, as well as practical experience in estimating tree pruning and tree removals. You must understand all of the logistics required to successfully deliver a crew, and you must be able to guarantee a quality work product along with an excellent client experience. A successful Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson has a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who enjoys interacting with the public and our employees. Training is provided to familiarize with sales and operational procedures. (We are also considering creating an ambassador-type position for someone with tree service knowledge who would represent the company at events and functions.)
Compensation: Compensation is approximately $60,000 to $100,000 per year. Hourly wage during training period – will discuss commission during interview. Commission based compensation is commensurate with production – your compensation will consist of an hourly wage while earning toward a percentage of business successfully completed, with proper margins, and timely completion of all paperwork.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to accurately estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, or other proposed tree care needs
- Meet with potential clients at job location and evaluate work needed
- Perform site inspections for proposal preparation
- Provide estimates to prospects and clients
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance and image while on client sites.
- Works with management and crews to schedule and complete jobs
- Assists with crew training on proper tree care techniques and reviewing crew work for quality and efficiency
- Maintains company vehicle and equipment
- Follows up on estimates, change orders and resolving issues as needed
- Continually prospects for new business
- Some data entry using computer and/or tablet
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- A minimum of 2 years of tree service experience including knowledge of tree species, diagnosis and tree assessment
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do, positive, and upbeat attitude
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
- Strong customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Basic computer proficiency. Microsoft Office preferred
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic math skills
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Demonstrates role model behaviors by adhering to high standards of ethics, integrity, and safety
- Valid Driver’s License with clear driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check including drug screening
Duties: Both seasoned applicants and those new to the job market will be considered for this employment offer of Ground Worker/Trainee. Employee growth is encouraged, and advancement opportunities are available immediately. This posting is essentially a Management Trainee position because we are currently hiring the future management team of the company to continue our steady growth. To teach, train, supervise, and manage employees in the future, you must first be able to perform the work competently and understand team dynamics, time and logistical estimation, and scheduling efficiency. We teach these aspects of running a tree company on a daily basis, to help our employees grow personally and professionally.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, brush and debris often weighing 25 lbs. or more; feeds brush into brush chipper.
- Uses ropes & winches to lower limbs and equipment.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Carries, lays out and stows materials, tools and equipment at work site.
- Works from the ground using handsaws, poles saws.
- Drives trucks or operates other equipment as assigned.
- Services trucks and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area, staying in frequent voice communication with workers aloft.
- Helps enforce job safety practices.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Applicants for the position of Tree Worker Trainee should be capable of learning logging practices, tree pruning, tree removal, and all aspects of residential and commercial tree service. We hire, train, and promote from within the company, and we encourage employee growth. Everyone in our company learns to climb trees and to operate lift equipment. Opportunity for advancement is unrestricted.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean DMV record.
- Be physically fit and able to regularly lift 50 pounds.
- Have the stamina to work outdoors in all weather conditions while engaged in steady physical activity.
- Must be able to learn to climb trees.
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive team attitude.
- Must be able to hear verbal instructions from a distance.
- Must be able to learn to operate an aerial lift truck and self-loading log truck.
- Willing and able to pass the written test for a commercial driver's license within 30 days of hire and obtain commercial driver’s license within 90 days of hire.
- Must be available for full-time, long-term work. This is not a part-time position.
Compensation: Starting compensation for someone not yet experienced in the tree industry will begin at the first step of $3,120 per month with several pay steps leading to $4,056 per month; based on an hourly wage, in a 48 hour work week including overtime pay. Upon completion of training to become a certified tree care safety professional, compensation increases to a range between $4,160 - $7,280 per month. Managers and estimators earn significantly more than this top range, often in a 60 hour work week.
During the probationary period, each new Trainee is required to learn and develop the ability to drive/operate all equipment within the company inventory. Safety, accountability, attention to detail, and a strong sense of integrity are important. This is a very physically demanding job, and hours vary with length depending on job schedules. Significant overtime and additional work is available, often mandatory.
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Stable and career-minded
- Punctual and reliable
- Self-motivated, responsible, and trustworthy
- Able to provide exceptionally detailed attention to customer service
- Able to follow complex directions
- Enjoys, and readily learns new skills
- Solution oriented when facing work challenges
- Willing to become a certified arborist
- A commercial driver's license
- The ability to fluently speak both English and Spanish
"I learned that Jeff does a remarkable job of creating a professional work culture for his employees which is readily apparent, and the reason we enjoyed such a positive experience. The employees of Fine Tree Care are genuinely good people for starters; they are bright, sociable, well trained, hard working, and seem dedicated to quality in everything they do." ~Theresa Martinelli-Jones & Ron Anderson