- April 27th; 7 AM in the FHS teacher-side parking lot
- up to 10.6 miles round trip (This is a river hike and we can make it as long or short as we want, though there are some better turn-around places than others.)
- up to 2300 ft elevation gain
- 1750 ft high point
- Forest Service Pass
- No snow for bootless hikers!
This is a rolling forest hike. While it follows the river, we are not along the river for most of the hike.
We have 2-3 drivers, so we should be fine this hike.
Alternate Hike as Duckabush has had some car-prowling lately:
- Dosewallips River: Great wilderness but on an old closed road (it was gravelly dirt when I was on it before it closed). People speak highly of it. The actual Dosewallips trail only starts at the ranger station 6.5 miles in. We likely wouldn't go that far (13 miles round trip!). If we did all 13 miles, we'd gain 1200 ft. and reach a high point of 1550 ft.
This article provides great reasons to get out there again. Not only is it great exercise, but evidently just being out there makes us healthier!