Fife Public Schools
Check back often for future information and plans!
How is Fife Public Schools preparing for the future?
The fast-growing Fife School District is ensuring our students have room to learn in safe, well-maintained buildings. We are considering a capital construction bond, along with our annual educational programs and operations levy renewal, in February 2018.
Our schools are growing!
- We have 3,600 students in our district and we are growing by 3 percent every year.
- That’s up to three new classrooms a year.
- Fife School District needs additional funding from a capital construction bond to ensure all our students have room to learn.
Fife students need more space to learn.
- We are currently housing students in 19 portable classrooms.
- That’s almost an entire school of portables.
- A bond measure would allow us to add much-needed classroom space.
Our buildings are aging.
- We need to ensure our school buildings are well-maintained for the safety and security of our students and staff.
- A maintenance and operations levy and a capital bond would fund much-needed repair to our aging buildings, in addition to adding classrooms space with new buildings or remodeling.
We are planning together for Fife’s future.
A Capital Facilities Advisory Committee, comprised of parents, community members and staff, is looking at the facility needs of our district, enrollment growth and the age of buildings. CFAC will make a recommendation to the School Board in mid-November, with a vote expected Nov. 27.
Want to follow the process? http://bit.ly/CFAChome
Do you have a question about our bond process? Contact CFAC@fifeschools.com
What’s on the annual educational programs and operations levy renewal?
Also on the February 13, 2018 ballot is our annual educational programs and operations levy. This is a four-year levy that replaces the levy that expires in 2018.