Presidential Volunteer Service Award
Ferocious Fighters has been selected and approved as an official Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award!
The President’s Volunteer Service Award is a national award created by the White House. The President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation (the Council) was established in 2003 to recognize the valuable contributions volunteers are making in our communities and encourage more people to serve. The Council created the President’s Volunteer Service Award program as a way to thank and honor Americans who, by their demonstrated commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes individuals, families, and groups that have achieved a certain standard – measured by the number of hours of service over a 12-month period or cumulative hours earned over the course of a lifetime.
It continues to be Ferocious Fighters’ goal to encourage more individuals to embody the spirit of volunteerism that makes this country so great. Through this program, Americans of all ages, from youth to seniors, are invited to join Ferocious Fighters and participate and be recognized by our nation’s president for being active citizens.
How to Get Recognized:
- Create a profile at http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/volunteer
- Begin the registration process by clicking the blue “Register” button
- Once you have set up a profile, from your profile page, add the ROS Key associated with Ferocious Fighters, HKX-4883
- Once your account is linked to ours, you can track your hours by adding service as you complete it
- What are the award criteria?
Any individual, family or group that meets the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime. Criteria for recognition are:
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations. Ferocious Fighters is an approved Certifying Organization.
- Ferocious Fighters can verify volunteer hours for the current year - the FF year runs from Nov. 1 - Oct. 31.
2. How many hours do I need to qualify for each award category?
3. Can I receive an award every year?
- Yes, an individual may receive an award every year but must follow all the requirements as described above including submission of documentation.
- You may also consider receiving the Lifetime award which requires 4,000 hours to be contributed towards the award.