Off Campus Lunch Privilege
AHS will offer eligible juniors and seniors the option to leave and re-enter the school campus on designated days for an extended lunch period as both recognition for their demonstrated maturity and responsibility as well as an incentive to keep up the good work throughout the year. The extended lunch privilege is only available to current AHS seniors during the fall semster and to both juniors and seniors during the spring semester.
If a participating AHS junior or senior student loses eligibility during the current semester, he or she may be able to participate the following semester upon an adequate demonstration of responsibility and adherence to the AHS discipline policy and Fulton County Schools Code of Conduct.
Spring off campus permission forms are due to Mr. Fortunato (office 1135) no later than January 25, 2019.
Forms turned in after this deadline will not be accepted.
To be initially eligible, AHS students must:
- Be a current AHS senior (fall and/or spring) or junior (spring only)
- Receive Parental/Guardian Permission;
- Be on track for graduation;
- Be classified as juniors or seniors and enrolled in correct courses; and
- Be passing all courses as of the fall semester final grades.
To remain eligible, during that current semester, AHS students must also:
- Receive no more than three unexcused period absences;
- Receive no more than three tardies to the class following the extended lunch period;
- Receive no more than two days of in-school suspension during that current semester;
- Receive no out-of-school suspensions; and
- Have no failing grades at the 6 week and/or 12 week progress reports grade. Failing grades will revoke your privilege for the rest of the semester.
- The student must have a picture identification with the current semester's lunch privilege sticker attached in order to leave campus. Students are expected to leave and return to campus through the North Point Parkway exit only.
- The student will be responsible for leaving campus in a timely, orderly fashion, and returning in time to attend his/her next scheduled class.
- Students should not bring outside food or drink back onto campus.
- If an eligible student decides not to leave campus for extended lunch, he/she will report immediately to the designated classroom for silent study hall:
- Seniors: 2314
- Juniors: 3306
- A student who decides not to leave campus for lunch, will report to his/her regularly scheduled lunch period.
- If the student reports back to campus prior to the end of the extended lunch period, he/she will report immediately either to lunch or to the designated classroom for silent study hall.
- Students out of compliance with the requirements for the extended lunch privilege will have their privilege revoked.
The extended lunch period will last 1 hour and 45 minutes, comprising the student's assigned A or B lunch period and the Anchor Time period that will either immediately precede or follow the student's assigned lunch period.
A – lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Students must be out of the building and leaving campus no later than 11:05 a.m.
B – lunch: 11:55 a.m. – 1:40 p.m.
- Students must be out of the building and leaving campus no later than 12:00 p.m.
Mandatory meetings will be scheduled in the fall and spring to review expectations with students. Failure to attend this meeting may result in off-campus eligibility being revoked.
- Friday, January 25, 2019: Permission Form due to Mr. Fortunato; forms turned in after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Thursday, February 7: REQUIRED Information Meeting for Juniors and Seniors in Auditorium during Anchor Time
- Tuesday, February 12: Off Campus Privilege begins for eligible students
- Off Campus Privilege only on Tuesdays & Thursdays 2/12-4:/18 (Aligned with Anchor Time)
- Thursday, April 18: Off Campus Privilege ends for spring semester
NOTE: Off Campus Privilege is NOT every Tuesday and Thursday, but only on those Tuesdays and Thursdays aligned with Anchor Time.
- Print the appropriate form for either Juniors or Seniors
- Forms are also available in the AHS front office.
- Read the form
- Students and parents sign the form
- Return the form to Mr. Fortunato in office 1135 no later than 1/25/19 for counselors to review
- Eligible students will receive schedules in advisement on 2/7/19 indicating that they are able to go off campus. Ineligible students will be assigned to a Silent Focus class for Anchor Time.
- Students eligible to go off campus attend information meeting during Anchor Time on 2/7/19