We welcome you to our Facebook page!
By posting on this site, you agree to the following terms and conditions as well as to all of the terms and conditions issued by Facebook.
The sole purpose of this site is for FCPS to convey its information and express its messages to the community concerning FCPS and school programs, activities, news stories, photos and videos.
This is not a public forum or a limited or designated public forum. An opportunity is provided at this site for public comment that is directly related and limited to the official postings of FCPS under which the comment is posted on this site. This site is not open to comment regarding general matters - even other educational or FCPS matters - that FCPS has not posted on this site.
While we encourage an open dialogue about the topics we post, FCPS reserves the right to remove the following post content, including, but not limited to:
- FCPS personnel information:
- Identifiable student information
- Copyrighted material;
- Internal FCPS confidential material;
- Political or campaign material;
- Repeated re-posting of a previous comment made by the commentator;
- Any form of robo spam or posting;
- Advertising of any kind or commercial solicitations;
- Posts that are obscene, profane, defamatory, harassing, discriminatory, threaten violence, vulgar, lewd, or otherwise hateful content in violation of the law;
- Posts that display, promote or make available pornographic, adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials;
- Content that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco, electronic cigarettes, or illegal drugs;
- Posts that advocate the commission of a criminal act or promotes the unlawful possession of weapons, illegal gambling, or encourages the violation of law, School Board policies, or the Parent/Student Handbook;
- Comments that reasonably may lead to a substantial disruption of or material interference with school system operations and /or instruction, and;
- Any post that contains a virus, malware, or the like.
FCPS may review comments on the page to address any issues or concerns at any time. The poster, as well as the content, may be reported and disclosed to law enforcement authorities, depending on the nature of the content. Any poster whose comments have been removed in three or more separate instances may be removed or blocked from posting any comments for up to 180 days. By posting on this site, you agree to all these terms and conditions.
The comments expressed by Facebook users on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of FCPS and FCPS does not guarantee that the information available on this site will be error free. FCPS specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the FCPS Facebook Page or the information it contains, including any websites maintained by third parties and linked in posts on the FCPS Facebook Page. Except to the extent required by law, communications posted on this Page shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to FCPS or its officers or employees with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against FCPS or any of its officers or employees, where notice to the Schools is required by any federal, state or local laws, or rules or regulations.