Falls Church City Public Schools believes in lifelong learning for all: students, teachers, as well as parents and guardians. FCCPS Parent University provides opportunities throughout the year for parents and guardians to get smarter about school, child development, parenting, education, community. FCCPS Parent Unversity offers programs through FCCPS and our partners for parents of children in every grade.
FCCPS Family Resource Center / El Centro de Recursos de Familias
The Family Resource Center (FRC) at Thomas Jefferson Elementary School will be regularly staffed by Ms. Siqueira all weekdays from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. and from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. to support the needs of our immigrant families. Outside of those hours Ms. Siqueira may be supporting other school-based needs as the Parent Liaison. You can either stop by during FRC hours or schedule an appointment with her outside of those hours.
El Centro de Recursos de Familias en Thomas Jefferson Elementary School estará siendo atendida regularmente por la Sra. Siqueira todos los días de la semana de 8:00 a 10:00 a.m. y de 3:00 a 4:00 p.m. para apoyar las necesidades de nuestras familias inmigrantes. Fuera de esas horas, la Sra. Siqueira puede estar apoyando otras necesidades escolares como Enlace de Padres. Puede visitar en cualquier momento durante las horas de FRC o programar una cita con ella fuera de esas horas.
Parent University brings together programs presented by
- School Counselors
- GMHS College and Career Office
- International Baccalaureate Programme
- Special Education and Student Services
- Language Instruction (LIEP) Team
- Educational Technology Team
- GMHS Athletics and Athletic Boosters
- GMHS PTSA, MEHMS PTA, Falls Church Elementary PTA
- Falls Church Education Foundation
- Falls Church Band Boosters
- Fairfax County Public Schools Special Education Programs open to FCCPS families
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services Parenting Education Programs
- Health & Wellness Advisory Committee
Parent University is a collaboration between Falls Church City Public Schools and our School Affiliated Organizations.
Over the course of a school year, there are numerous opportunities for parents to discover what is happening in school, and learn how they can be involved. Starting with Meet the Teacher Day and Back to School Night, parents are offered high-quality programming on topics like:
- school technology
- study habits
- class registration
- music education
- social and emotional development
- concussion prevention and treatment
- Primary Years Programme
- Middle Years Programme
- International Baccalaureate Diploma and Course Certificates
- extracurricular activities
- special education topics
- using Schoology and Google Apps
- college preparation and applications
It can get overwhelming, and that's why FCCPS pulled it all together under the Parent University umbrella. Parent University provides key information about every single program that helps parents get better informed. We are building our video library, too.
The Parent University Course Catalog includes every program offered on every topic, at every school.