Each year we send out staff, parent and student surveys to see how we can improve. Here are some comments from our staff survey:
- Things keep getting better and better. Our programs were awesome and field trips went well. Our team of teachers work well together and am looking forward to an even better year next year.
- Love the kids!!! Love the other teachers!!! The willingness to help each other out is amazing. You never have to go through anything alone. I love the spirit of God that flows through the school. I am becoming a better person because of all of these things. Thank you!!!
- I appreciate the administrative and office support, and I enjoy the ladies I work with.
- I feel supported in all ways because the principal makes it a goal of hers for us to feel that way.
- Good kids, good colleagues, good work environment
- The staff are here for the right reasons (the kids) and they all seem to love their jobs. It's a very friendly work place. We all feel appreciated. The principal does a great job leading us in a positive way.
- Great atmosphere not only for students also teachers! Upbeat and Christ centered.
- God has blessed our school with so many wonderful ladies. We are truly a family and always there for one another.
- Feeling supported is huge! Congenial, friendly, positive working atmosphere
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - FBS is always in need of substitute teachers. You are welcome to come by and pick up an application or print the application below. If your references and background check are without issue, then we will move on to the next phase of the application process. Thank you in advance for your interest! Here is a little letter outlining what is expected of our subs...
FIRST GRADE TEACHER - We will certainly miss Mrs Knibbe, but she has earned her retirement! Her class size is about 16 students and there is a full-time aide. No state mandated testing, no forced accommodations, and a real family-oriented atmosphere. See pages 3-4 of the below job descriptions for more information.
SECOND GRADE TEACHER - We will certainly miss Mrs Jones, but she has earned her retirement, having been at FBS since we opened!! Her class size is about 16 students and there is a full-time aide. No state mandated testing, no forced accommodations, and a real family-oriented atmosphere. See pages 3-4 of the below job descriptions for more information.
RECESS TEACHER - Cover recesses for K-5th grade. Sometimes, during bad weather, recess is held in the hall and they watch movies and play board games.
4th or 5th GRADE AIDE - Times are 7:30a-3:25p. Job description below (p. 2)
TUES/THURS PREK DAYCARE WORKER - The hours would be from 7:30am-5:00pm. Likely with 18 kids in our big PreK room with an aide.
AFTER -SCHOOL DAYCARE WORKER - Mrs Joy wants to go to 3 days per week, so we need someone to cover staff lunchtime breaks and after-school care with 3rd-8th graders for at least 2 days per week, noonish-5:45pm. Job description below (p.1)