Date: August 30th Time: 5:00-6:00 Room: TBA
Youth Services Center Advisory Council members are an essential piece in helping the center successfully connect home, school and community. The Advisory Council is the catalyst for bringing all stakeholders to the table. Their role is simple but powerful in the lives of our students’ and their families.
The role of the Advisory Council is to:
• provide a broad-based support for the center,
• assist the coordinator in developing programs and activities based on needs assessment,
• assist the coordinator in evaluating programs,
• serve as a catalyst to link home, school, and community, and
• assist with the development of Advisory Council by-laws.
How does the Advisory Council support the Youth Services Center?
· Hands-on involvement in center activities
· Promotes center public relations
· Advocates for center in school and community
· Assist with center fundraising
· Assist in recruitment for center volunteers
Meetings are open to the public and all are welcome. For more information, please contact T.C. Johnson.