Mr. Sharpe's Math Intervention Class
About the class
Math Intervention is designed to help strengthen number sense, computation skills, geometry, data and measurement, and algebraic thinking. This program uses direct whole/small group instruction and using technology. Placement was determined by curriculum coaches and administrators, and previous teachers' input based on: academic grades, K-PREP and MAP tests.
All students are categorized as follows:
- Tier 1 = student is on grade-level. No intervention needed.
- Tier 2= student is 1-2 levels below grade level. Intervention is needed.
- Tier 3= student is 3 or more levels below grade level. Intervention is needed.
- This class is considered Tier 3.
- Logon to SuccesMaker
- Complete session of BSMS Math (25 minutes)
- Check your score to see if you have reached your goal (20 completed problems with accuracy of 65% or higher).
- If you have, you may do another session of Speed Games or work on math homework from Tier 1 teacher.
- If you have NOT, keep working on BSMS Math.
- Students are given a week to finish the diagnostic test and will be given 100 points upon completion. If students rush or don't do their best, they will be reassigned the diagnostic test.
- Daily grades will consist of the following:
- 100 points if the students complete 20 or more problems with a 65% or higher accuracy.
- 75 points if the students only meet one of the above goals (20 problems completed or 65% accuracy).
- 50 points if the student fails to meet either goal but completes at least 10 problems.
- 0 points if the students fails to complete 10 problems no matter the accuracy percent.
- Students may also work on math homework in class from their Tier 1 and 2 teachers. Many students may have to progress monitor through FastBridge in class as well.
- Grading scale will be based on percent of points and is as follows:
- A: 92-100
- B: 83-91
- C: 74-82
- D: 65-73
- F: 0-64