We are pleased to announce that the leadership strand is returning this year with TWO workshop options designed specifically for principals, assistant principals, TRT's, CIOs, district-level admin, and library media specialists.
- Heather Warrell, a Digital Learning Coach and former high school assistant principal, will offer her highly sought after Level 1 workshop that focuses on how leaders can use Google tools to create systems of efficiency and transparency.
- New this year, we will also offer a Level 2 workshop for those leaders who want to continue their digital leadership journey. Ben Maynard, also a digital learning coach from KDE and former elementary principal, will lead this group to take a deeper dive into how technology transformation can take place in the classroom.
Both workshops will kick off with a joint gathering of leaders in the auditorium at 8:20 and then break-out to their respective groups until lunch. After lunch, you can continue the day of learning by attending IFL sessions in the afternoon. EILA credit will be offered. Make sure you bring a mobile device (larger than a phone) with you.
To join us for one of the workshops, simply register to attend IFL and denote which workshop you plan to attend on the form.
Level 1 Workshop Details:
Come and learn how a culture of “flying close to the sun” + Google tools can be used by school leaders to foster total transparency and create systems of efficiency that allow a school to flourish.
The session teaches school leaders how they can use Google tools (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Blogger) to create structures that allow for maximum transparency in regards to:
- Schoolwide efficiency (calendars, morning announcements, newsletters, student/staff handbooks, etc.)
- Instructional coaching/teacher evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Digital data rooms
- PLC organization and strategic action planning to maximize student growth
- Athletic management
- SBDM organization and efficiency
Level 2 Workshop Details: Navigating the Digital Leadership Road
Your trip down the road to modernizing workflow and instructional strategies has started in your school or district. As an administrator, how can you make sure you are staying inside the guardrails of the Danielson Framework and others as you continue to gain speed? Participants of this session will examine current frameworks to discover markers keeping you, your staff and students on pace and aimed at the #endgame.