Franklin & Marshall College
Card Services

A d d i t i o n a l I n f o r m a t i o n A n d F A Q s

Card Services Desk Questions

Where is the Card Services Desk?

The Card Services Desk is located on the first floor of the Martin Library of the Sciences.

What are the Card Services Desk hours?

The Card Services Desk operates under the same hours as the ITS Help Desk and the Technology Lending Center. The current hours can be found on the home page of the Navigating Technology at F&M website. Appointments during College business hours are always available by contacting us at

F&M ID Card Questions

How do I obtain an ID Card?

Student accounts will be automatically generated shortly after confirmation of matriculation. Information regarding how to submit a photo for an ID and where to get your ID upon check-in for Orientation for first-year and transfer students will be sent at least two months in advance for those beginning Fall semester and as soon as possible for those beginning in the Spring. Please email for more information regarding your F&M ID.

Faculty and Professional Staff accounts will be automatically generated shortly after Human Resources has completed processing your employee record. You will need to visit the Card Services Desk in the College Center to have your F&M ID printed and activated. Please email for more information regarding your F&M ID.

Retirees and Emeritus Faculty will not be able to continue to use your employee ID after retirement. Please contact Card Services at or stop by the Card Services Desk during open hours for a new F&M ID.

Contractors, Volunteers and non-F&M Employees will either be issued a temporary Access card or a F&M ID depending on your business with the College. Please contact your supervisor or the F&M professional staff member that is your point of contact for more information regarding IDs and building access.

Alumni can request an F&M ID by emailing with your Advancement ID number, first and last name, and your cohort and/or graduating class year. If you are not sure what your Advancement ID number is, please contact Alumni Relations at or refer to the footer of any email message sent from the Office of Advancement. Please refer to the Office of Athletics and Recreation’s website and to the library’s website for more information regarding open hours and available services.

Spouses of F&M Employees and Retirees can request an F&M ID by having your significant other complete this online form. Please note that the College no longer issues IDs to employees’ children or other family members. Please refer to the Office of Athletics and Recreation’s website and to the library’s website for more information regarding open hours and available services.

What do I do if my ID is lost/stolen or damaged?

If your ID card is lost, stolen or not working properly, please notify the Card Services Desk as soon as possible by submitting a help desk ticket at or by email at Visit the Card Services Desk during walk-in hours or by appointment to get a new ID card generated. A fee will be charged to replace a card that is lost, stolen or damaged due to misuse.

Building Access Questions

What buildings should I have access to?

Due to health and safety policies access to most buildings on campus will require IDs at entrances with ID card readers. Entry will be limited to students, faculty, and professional staff. For more information regarding open and ID-accessible hours please refer to the information on the follow web pages:

Most Academic and Administrative Buildings

Shadek-Fackenthal Library and Martin Library of the Sciences

Athletic and Recreational Facilities

Steinman College Center

Kreisel Innovation Zone

Philadelphia Alumni Writers House

Joseph International Center

Klehr Center for Jewish Life

What should I do if I'd like to request access to a building or space that I DO NOT already have access?

Access to doors and services will be configured by ITS based on your affiliation with the College and where you work or live on campus. Faculty and professional staff who need changes made to their access permissions can submit a request at or by email to Students should speak to the faculty or professional staff member they will be working for or researching with and have them submit requests for access on your behalf. Non-employees, contractors and volunteers working on campus should speak to your supervisor or F&M staff contact regarding ID or access issues.

Some request will require additional approval and may be prohibited according to the policies of either the College or the office/department that manages the requested building or space.