Organizations and Groups
WHAT IS THE LUTHERAN WOMEN’S MISSIONARY LEAGUE?
- The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- It has at its “mission heart” thousands of volunteers who are daily dedicating their lives to making a difference in this world.
- It is also “Lutheran Women in Mission,” a phrase that reflects the object of the LWML, adopted by the Board of Directors in January 1998.
- It is composed of individual women and women’s groups within congregations of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, on campuses, in residence homes, or in other settings.
- It provides individual membership to women in LCMS congregations with or without a society
- affiliated with the LWML. Women may have an interest in the mission and ministry of the LWML – and wish to be part of the organization – but cannot, for a variety of reasons, be part of a local group. Individual membership is designed for these women.
- It seeks to develop and maintain a greater mission consciousness among the women of the Synod through education, inspiration, and service.
- It places a major emphasis on the support of mission and ministry throughout the world by means of Mite Box offerings. These Mite Box offerings have funded over 100 million dollars in mission grants since the organization’s inception in 1942.
THE MITE BOX
Based on the Biblical account of the widow’s mite (Luke 21:1-4), the Mite Box is intended for regular contributions of “mites” – offerings above and beyond the support given to the congregation and the Synod. Mite Box contributions amount to millions of dollars that fund district and national mission grants and implement the LWML program.
THE LWML MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
THE LWML VISION STATEMENT
The LWML is the leading group for LCMS women where each woman is welcomed and encouraged to use her unique God-given gifts as she supports global missions and serves the Lord with gladness.
FAITH “VIERA” LWML
Our society meets on the second Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Join us for some fellowship and fun!