Week at a Glance
Here's what we are learning in Room 117! Find more specific content in the Session Report Objectives tab.
Reading: Unit 1: What kinds of challenges do people face and how do they meet them?
- Reading Skills: Character & Plot, Cause & Effect, Theme & Setting
- Reading Strategies: Monitor & Clarify, Summarize, Inferring
- Vocabulary Skills: Homographs, Homonyms, Unknown Words
- Word Analysis Skills: Suffix -ly, Greek & Latin Roots, Compound Words
- Literary Terms: Point of View, Hyperbole, Imagery
- Grammar: Four Kinds of Sentences, Simple & Complex Subjects/Predicates, Independent/Dependent Clauses
Writing Workshop: Personal Narrative
Social Studies: American Revolution; Constitution
Math: Add & Subtract Decimals to the Hundredths