In Spring 2020, the Community Distributed Team is returning to EWB Canada! This March, we will be holding a Community-wide recruitment initiative to select and train EWB's up and coming leaders in the national network space. In this first year, we will be empowering folks to co-lead one of four portfolios (displayed below).
The time commitment will be approximately 3-5 hours per week once we get into full swing at our retreat in June!
Who are we looking for? Selected candidates will:
- Be passionate about recognizing the power of people; specifically in the context of leadership development and skill building.
- Value time management.
- Effective communicators.
- Value motivation, mentorship, and coaching.
- Have a willingness to learn about monitoring & evaluation, and survey design.
- Have a desire to input feedback and apply strategic thinking skills.
- Current or recent chapter involvement is a major asset.
- Experience as a chapter rep in your portfolio area is an asset
Successful candidates will work collaboratively with Community Team staff members and their fellow Chapter and DT members to fulfill the following duties:
- Provide coaching, valuable information and trainings to portfolio reps in up to 5 chapters in the Co-Lead’s home region
- Supporting the DT Co-Lead with execution and thought-partnership for all portfolio activities.
- Advising portfolio campaign strategy & assisting in campaign execution
- Participating in and developing learning opportunities for both the DT and the community as a whole, namely:
- DT retreat
- Chapter regional retreats
- National Conference 2021
- Working with National Office to cultivate and preserve the health, integrity, and well-being of the people within our community.
- Taking turns with other Portfolio Leads in leading DT initiatives (e.g. bi-weekly meetings)
- Input and developing learning resources and tools to be used by EWB’s community.
- Co-designing trainings for the EWB community and attending community meetings as a whole.
- Support and participate in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) activities to measure the success, progress and areas of improvement within the advocacy community.
- Facilitate and contribute to celebrating the advocacy community’s successes and learning from our failures.
- Work with DT & Chapter Reps to develop effective volunteer recruitment strategies, and ensure that long-term considerations for the team (e.g., turnover, and retention are always in view).
- Attend bi-weekly online DT meetings.
- Willingness to support in recruitment and training of DT 2021-2022