Submit an anonymous tip
School Safety and Security
Keeping Students and Schools Safe
Evergreen Public Schools has emergency and safety plans in place because we believe every student deserves a learning environment that is safe, challenging and exciting. We are committed to making our campuses havens of hope and care.
These strategies help to ensure student and staff safety on our campuses:
- We have police officers (known as a School Resource Officer/SRO) in all of our comprehensive high schools.
- We have additional campus security staff in all of our high schools and middle schools.
- We conduct drills so staff and students know what to do in the event of an emergency.
- We work with community agencies to provide safe and fun activities for students.
- We acknowledge that the emotional and physical safety of students and staff is everyone’s responsibility.
- We continue our efforts to foster a welcoming atmosphere and promote respect on our school campuses and in our neighborhoods.
- We utilize a service that monitors student's Google drives and email communications for concerning activity. Gaggle/Digital Citizenship
Students are taught to identify others in distress and are encouraged to talk with an adult immediately if they have concerns for their own safety or the safety of others.