Declaration A Closer Look
A Closer Look Declaration Questions pages 182-185
Rephrase the questions into statements that also contain a complete answer.
- In what way can American voters bring about changes in their government?
- Which offense do you think was the worst? Why?
- Why was this action so "intolerable"?
- Why did colonists object to this act?
- How do persons today give consent to taxation?
- Why did the colonists at first attempt to solve the dispute and remain loyal?
- What other powers are held by an independent government?
- Which signers do you recognize? Write one line about each of the signers.