The Progress reporting period ends October 12, 2018. Progress reports will be available for pick up at the attendance windows on conference days. Conferences will be held on the following dates and times.
- Wednesday, October 17, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 18 from 10:30 to 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 19, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
In order to allow time for more afternoon and evening conferences, BVMS will have a minimum day schedule on Wednesday, October 17. Dismissal will be at 12:06 with the optional lunch served until 12:30 p.m.
For a productive conference:
Student should conduct a one-on-one conference at home with the parent prior to attending a conference at school. Students should refer to their conference folder and follow the procedures they learned in their language arts classes. During the conference at home, the student should:
- discuss expectations and progress for each class
- interpret test results
- share goals
- share work samples
Student and parent should attend conferences at school together, especially if the student is struggling academically in any subject area. Conferences are optional for students with A’s and B’s.
For the conference at school, students should bring their completed conference packet.
Appointments are not necessary. Parents and students will follow the student’s schedule and will meet with teachers on a first come first serve basis. You may come at any time during the above-designated dates and times.
- 6th grade and Exploratory conferences will take place in the classrooms.
- 7th and 8th grade conferences will take place in the MPR.
- PE Teachers conferences will take place in the Fitness Lab.
All progress reports not picked up by Friday, October 19th at 11:00 a.m. will be mailed the following week.