EdTech Professional Learning Module
Description: Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, all ETHS students will be issued a Chromebook through the ETHS 1:1 Digital Learning Initiative. This guarantees that every student will have access to a laptop computer for classroom use and at home. What it does not guarantee is increased engagement, motivation or test scores. These outcomes are ultimately determined by teachers, who can access an unprecedented number of educational resources and technology tools for use inside and outside of the classroom.
In this professional learning module we’ll study how teachers can leverage available technologies to facilitate the communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative skills that students need to succeed in our digital age, and we’ll explore ways that technology can transform classrooms into places of enhanced student learning.
- Increase one’s understanding of various technologies used at ETHS and in education.
- Discuss current research that explores the impact of increased technology use in the classroom.
- Utilize new teaching methods that enhance student learning through technology integration.
- Collaborate with the instructional technology team and instructional coaches to integrate technology and assess the outcomes of the integration.
- Reflect, share, and iterate on technology integrations within the PLM cohort and within one’s department.
- Communicate and share one’s growth over the year within ETHS and outside the district.