JLHS Counseling Corner
The James Lick counseling department works to support each James Lick student achieve his/her college & career goals. This includes setting goals based on strengths and interests, making a four year plan, checking on grades, making classroom presentations, using on-campus pre-college resources, such as, The College Hub & iMentor, and using Naviance as our vehicle for communication & information.
interesting Opportunities for students
College of the Month
University of california santa barbara
Located: Santa Barbara
History: Originally founded in 1891 as the Anna Blake School for home economics and industrial arts.
Colors: Blue & Gold
- The campus is located on cliffs directly above the Pacific Ocean
- One of the only universities in the US with its own lagoon and beach; various walking and bicycle paths across campus
- Extensive biking system where bicyclists have right-of-way; 53% of students bicycle
Popular Majors: Social Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Psychology and Visual and Performing Arts
Campus Organizations & Communities:
- Over 400 active student organizations.
- Active Minds - raising mental health awareness
- Human Rights Group
- KCSB 91.19 and The Daily News
- Steve Aoki, electro house musician
- Robby Krieger, The Doors guitarist
- Jack Johnson, singer-songwriter and former professional surfer
- Gwyneth Paltrow, actress
- Bachelor's, Master's and PhD's Degrees
- Link to University of California Santa Barbara: https://www.ucsb.edu/
your jlhs counselors
Top Left to Right: Ms. Chavez and Ms. Vasquez.
Bottom Left to Right: Ms.Llanos and Mr.Loya