Close Up -
Tentative set for Spring of the 2019-2020 school year & for the 2022-2023 school year (see below for Guideline of Participation )
Close Up - Washington, D.C. 2019.pdf
Guideline of Participation:
Close Up: A student must:
- be in 10, 11 or 12th grade
- be in good standing with their school and the regional programs – grades, attendance & behavior
- have a recommendation from their deaf educator or social studies teacher.
- have attended at least 3 overnight activities in the past 2 years
- write a 5 paragraph essay on why he/she wants to go to Close Up and what they expect to learn
- not have attended Close Up with the Nebraska Regional Programs in the past
- attend the required pre-trip meeting with a parent/guardian.
- MRP – to be invited to Close Up, student need to attend at least ONE MRP regional activity and ONE statewide overnight activity in the past 3 years.
Guideline of Participation (2018-2019).pdf