Englewood High School Choirs
Welcome to the Englewood High School Choir Website. Students and parents can look here for Calendar of Events, Class assignments, and all things CHOIR!
- EHS Choirs perform in annual Holiday Concert: Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018
- EHS Choir student makes Colorado All State Choir (see below)!!!
- (Past) ETC: Community Performance at Englewood's Johnson Adult Day Program: Wednesday, Dec. 12
- (Past) EHS Choirs sing at City of Englewood Holiday Celebration: Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018
- (Past) EHS Choirs hosts Colorado All State Choir Auditions - Denver Metro Region: October 11-13
- (Past) District Choir Tour: Thursday, October 25, 2018
- (Past) EHS Choirs: “Fall Extravaganza” - Choir Performance: Thursday, November 8, 2018 - see Poster! Fun night of Music, Silent Auction and more
- (Past) Rocky Mountain Invitational Choral Festival (RMICF): Tuesday, November 13,2018
EHS CHOIR STUDENT
MAKES 2018-2019 COLORADO ALL STATE CHOIR
Congratulations to AJ Lee, EHS Senior, for making it into the Colorado All State Choir, following a rigorous audition! We are proud of all students who auditioned, as this was no easy task, and we are excited to support AJ in his upcoming All State Choir experience, where he will learn high-quality music literature, worked with renowned conductors from around the U.S., and be surrounded by other Juniors and Seniors from Colorado in February at the 3-day event!
EHS Pirateer story for AJ: https://youtu.be/SrG-j9egM_8
All State Choir Website: https://aschoir.com/
Tickets to All State Choir: https://aschoir.com/festival/tickets/
EHS CHOIRS PERFORM IN ANNUAL "Rocky Mountain Invitational Choral Festival" (RMICF)
- Day workshop & performance: multi-school collaboration (Englewood HS, Erie HS, Nederland HS, Peak to Peak Charter School, Prospect Ridge Academy, Sheridan HS, Ralston Valley HS):
- 3:15-4:15pm: "Short and sweet" performance, but a wonderful collaborative experience for our EHS choir members to experience quality music literature in a large-group setting, unique to this event
- Location: Ralston Valley High School
- Guest conductor to work with all attending students: Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, University of Colorado, Boulder
A wonderful opportunity for our EHS choir students to work with other singers in our area, work with a college professor, be challenged with high-quality music literature, experience connection with one another and other area students, and represent EHS in our state!
EHS CHOIRS HOSTS
Englewood High School Choirs is excited to bring a "Fall Extravaganza" to the EHS Auditorium on Thursday, November 8, 2018!
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (see time details on poster and below)
Silent Auction and "Shopping": 6:30 – 7:00, and Intermission
Choir performance begins at 7:00 p.m.
Location: EHS Fisher Auditorium
Cost: $3.00 per person (ages 3 and up)
$2.00 per student w/ ID
$10 for families of 4 – 6 people
Lots of wonderful items to be auctioned off, great music performances by EHS Choirs, TEC-Middle School Choir, as well as Student, Guest, Alumni, and Staff Performances! An all-around wonderful evening that we know our students and families will enjoy!
EHS CHOIRS PERFORM IN ENGLEWOOD SCHOOLS - ANNUAL "DISTRICT CHOIR TOUR"
EHS Choirs performed in their annual District Choir Tour to share “Music and Positive Messages” with students at Englewood Elementary and Middle Schools. Choir members also signed a banner to deliver these Positive Messages to each school while on Choir Tour. The singers did an AMAZING job, and really made connections and felt "accomplished" (their words) after knowing they impacted many lives that day with music, collaboration, and more. EHS Choirs went to Bishop, Clayton, Charles Hay, then back to EHS to collaborate with the middle school choir (and 3 MS classes that came to watch). The tour was very impactful to students and adults alike, and there were some really precious moments during this time as well!
SEE TOUR PICTURES BELOW! :)
EHS CHOIRS HOSTS COLORADO ALL- STATE CHOIR AUDITIONS
Englewood High School Choirs is honored to host this year's Colorado All-State Choir Auditions for the Denver Metro region. Over 850 Junior and Senior students representing many schools from all over the Metro area (and beyond) will be coming to EHS, where they will individually audition before state judges to try and earn a placement in this year's Colorado All State Choir! As such, EHS Choir students will be running all aspects of the 3-day event from October 11-13. In addition, we are grateful to Choir parent and alumni volunteers, Beginning Piano class students, and other student volunteers who will help EHS Choirs run the All-State Metro auditions (and earn community service!). Not only are our students helping to monitor and serve a large portion of our high school Choral Arts community, a few of our own will be auditioning as well! Hard work is underway in preparing for such an large-capacity event, and we are proud of our Englewood High School Singers!
Official Colorado All State Choir Website: https://aschoir.com