Introduction to Programming in Java using Media Computation
Welcome to CSE 8A: Introduction to Programming in Java, Part 1. This is an introduction to computer science and programming for those with no experience, but who are eager to dig in to "real" computer science. This website will provide you with all of the information you need to thrive in CSE 8A.
- Syllabus (including all basic information -- LOOK HERE FOR THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS)
- Look up your CSE 8A account
- Use THIS FORM to enter your clicker information. You MUST do this once this quarter BEFORE the end of WEEK 1.
- Gradescope (for homework submission)
- GradeSource (for checking all of your grades)
- Podcast for CSE8A
Academic Honesty and Pair Programming
- Source Code Tutorial and Integrity of Scholarship Agreement (complete the tutorial first before completing the academic integrity agreement)
- Pair Programming Guidelines
- Discussion Board (sign up link)
- The Beginner's Guide to Debugging (by Christine Luu)
- How to get a higher grade (by Taylor Durrer)
- Lab Hours (same as "tutor hours" tab above)
- Setting up to work on your own machine
- Unix tutorial
- Unix reference card
- Java documentation (Javadocs) You will likely use only the following:
- Python documentation
- Coding Style Guidelines (for Java)
- What to do if your code isn't working...