Friday, April 20, 2018
- Art Honor Society - There will be a mandatory meeting of the Art Honor Society on Friday April 20th. All members must attend!
- Lacrosse/Hockey sticks - Must remain in your gym locker
- Day of Silence Interest Meeting - The members of the Knights of Good, Operation Respect and YES invite you to participate in Elwood Middle School’s annual “Day of Silence” on the 27th of April. “Day of Silence” is a national day of action in which students across the country take a vow of silence to echo the muted voices of LGBT students who feel they cannot speak freely about their sexuality and those whose voices have been permanently silenced by suicide.
- Author's Unlimited - Authors Unlimited is scheduled for April 28. Register to attend and meet great authors! Or you can volunteer to help at the event! See the EMS Library webpage for more information or ask Mrs. Fife in the library.
- YDA Paint The Town Program - During this 8 week program (4/19 to 5/31) YDA will be creating paintings of the Town of Huntington landmarks that will later be displayed at Huntington Town Hall. At the conclusion students will meet the Huntington supervisor Chad Lupinacci to take a group photo and receive a certificate. Space is limited. Contact David Roberts by April 6th to register 631-261-7901
- Project Excel Upcycling Workshop - Make something new out of something old! Create items including desk organizers, planters, paper-beads, and paper-flowers using recyclable materials, while learning about ways to save the environment. Project Excel will be holding Upcycling Workshops on Thursdays during the 4th period lunch for 6th graders in Rm 106, during the 5th period lunch for 8th graders in Rm 105, and during the 6th period lunch for 7th graders in Rm 103. We will be meeting on April 12th, April 19th, April 26th, May 3rd, May 10th, May 17th, and May 24th. Please help us save recyclable containers for this workshop. We will be needing: Empty jars, empty tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, empty cans, old newspapers, and old magazines. Thank you!
- YDA Summer Field Trip - 2018 Summer Field Trip schedule is here! Some of our many trips include Paintball, Medieval Times, Splish Splash, Fire Island and I Fly Trapeze. Registration kicks off on Monday, May 21st from 6:30 - 8pm. For more information check out our website ydaonline.org, call 261-7901 or stop by Guidance to get the schedule.
- Lost & Found - Please come and take a look at the Lost & Found pile. It is overflowing!