Hello 1st grade parents! I'm so excited to make this school year one to remember!!! Please read all of the information below and let me know if you have any questions!
Dates to Remember
I will post ONLY class related events in this section. For a calendar with all school events please click the CALENDAR tab on the top right of this page.
November 7th: Faculty Vs. Varsity Volleyball game
November 9th: Minimum Day: EDC available
November 12th: No School: Veteran's Day: EDC Closed
November 15th: 3rd Grade Pilgrim Play
November 19th-November 23rd: Thanksgiving Break
November 26th: Eat Out Night benefits 4th Grade
December 7th: Dollar Dress Day
December 14th: Preschool-1st Grade Christmas Program @ 7pm
December 20th: Minimum Day/ Free Dress
December 21st-January 4th: Christmas Break/ No School
- School begins at 8:15 everyday. Please try your best to arrive on time. If you arrive after the bell rings please get a tardy slip in the church office BEFORE coming to class.
- Chapel is every Wednesday. Please have your child wear a Chapel Uniform and make sure their shirt is tucked in. A donation is taken every Wednesday during chapel so if you would like to donate please put the money in the small offering envelope sent home with your child on Tuesday nights and please send it with your child to school and it will be collected in class.
- Spelling, Math, and a Bible Memory Verse test will be given every week on Friday mornings. Please help your child study their spelling words by quizzing them every Thursday evening.
- Students will be able to take Accelerated Reading tests many times during the week. Please go to arbookfind.com to search to see which books are apart of the program. If your child reads a book at home, please have them bring it in to school so they can search that book by the title. I have many books in the classroom that students may borrow and read, so please urge them to read at least 10 minutes each evening at home.
- Please make sure to download the Bloomz App on your phone and sign up for our 1st grade class page to receive occasional reminders from me along with pictures throughout the school year.
- Download the Bloomz App from the Appstore on your phone and then create an account. In the text box please enter our class code: SXJ5YZ and you will be added to our private page.
- If you cannot access it please give me your phone number and I will add you manually.