York PE Uniform Requirement:
- York issued shirt and shorts with last name (NO ART WORK & TORN/DAMAGED UNIFORMS MUST BE REPLACED)
- BLACK yoga pants or sweat pants are allowed. Not colored pants or yoga shorts!
- Athletic shoes (Keep an extra pair at school if available)
- Uniforms and heart rate straps can be purchased here http://www.beckstextbooks.com/store20/Home.aspx
- School Issued combination lock (Can be purchased at the bookstore)
PE make up policy
York students can make up missed PE days by attending yoga club, power club, the fitness center, or one of the following gyms/fitness classes in the area.
Please follow the guideline below:
Power Club Participation - 6:30 am in the fitness center
Yoga Club Participation - 3:15 pm - 4:10 pm in S132 on Wednesdays
30 minutes of cardio in the fitness center after school from 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
Pe grade breakdown
- Daily engagement – 4 points per day; do not assume that because you are dressed in your PE uniform, you will be considered participating. You have to PHYSICALLY and COGNITIVELY participate in class to earn your daily engagement points.
- Fitness Days (Polar Heart Rate) (State Standard 20) – Students will be assessed using a 10 point scale based upon their individual fitness levels and abilities based using Polar Heart Rate Monitors. All fitness days will also be assessed using a 10 point scale. 10 point fitness days replace a students 4 point daily engagement grade.
- Movement and Concept Assessments (State Standard 19 & State Standard 20) - Teacher and student assessments to demonstrate physical fitness growth and cognitive growth during various PE units.
- Effective Decision Making (EDM) – Being prepared and dressed for PE each day, dependable attendance, and follows etiquette/safety of activity & equipment.