NHS INDUCTION CEREMONY: cancelled until further notice
*UPDATE: until further notice, all large scale EISD events have been cancelled. This includes the NHS Induction.
We will try to re-schedule when we return to school.
Seniors and juniors will still receive collars and patches.
Thank you all for your patience during this difficult time.
Congratulations to 2020-2021 NHS Officers:
President: Caroline Bristoll
Vice-President: Sharon Cervantes
Secretary: Whinyfer Lopez
Treasurer: Lizbeth Jimenez
Historian: Jessica Vazquez
Seniors: order honor cords for $13
You will receive a NHS collar for graduation as part of your dues. If you wish to purchase additional honor cords, they are $13 and must be ordered from Ms. Ivey in room 117.
DEADLINE TO ORDER HONOR CORDS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AT LEAST
Are you receiving TEXT REMINDERS from NHS?
Remind is the fastest way for you to find out about NHS events, volunteer opportunities, and other important NHS-related information. If you've changed phones recently, please activate your new number.
TEXT 81010 and enter this message: SENIORS 2020: @ElginNHS20 JUNIORS: @ElginNHS21
NHS Peer Tutoring
- You are required to complete at least TWO total hours (for the year) tutoring another student on campus. (Can be broken into ½ hour or 1 hour increments). This is an additional requirement this year, and does not count for community service.
- The tutoring MUST be on campus in the presence of a teacher or librarian.
- When you complete each tutorial, you must fill out a PEER TUTORING FORM by hand (download it here or pick one up from Ivey in room 117)
- You may use the following spaces:
- The library any time (don’t forget: it’s open late on Thursday)
- Any teacher’s room before or after school
- Ivey’s room during either lunch
- How to find a student to tutor?
- Ask your teachers when their tutorial times are and offer to come help
- Ask teachers for suggestions of students who would like tutoring.
- Ask Ms. Ivey for any students who’ve requested a tutor
NHS Juniors 2019
New NHS Members 2019
NHS 2019 Seniors show their not-so-serious sides at the NHS Induction Ceremony, Thursday April 4th, 2019