5th Grade Williamsburg
March 29-April 1, 2019
6th Grade Chattanooga
April 26-27, 2019
7th Grade Skidaway
October 10-12, 2018
8th Grade NYC
June 2-7, 2019
September 24, 2018 $150
October 29, 2018 $150
November 26, 2018 $100
January 28, 2019 $155
September 24, 2018 $55
October 29, 2018 $50
November 26, 2018 $50
January 28, 2019 $50
February 25, 2019 $50
Balance of $215 due by October 3, 2018
September 24, 2018 $200
October 29, 2018 $200
November 26, 2018 $200
January 28, 2019 $100
February 25, 2019 $200
March 25, 2019 $190
Night of Notables
1. Speech (2-3) 5th/6th (3-5)7th/8th minutes
This speech will cover a person that you think was/is “gifted,” “talented” or “creative.” You will research this person in class, and then write the speech. The speech will be graded using a rubric that covers voice projection, diction, expression, hand gestures, eye contact, good postures, and not using fillers.
2. Presentation (Prezi or Google Slides)
You will create a presentation to accompany your speech. This can either be a Prezi or Google Slides.
3. Tri-Fold board
You will design a tri-fold board about your notable for your table set up for “Night of Notables.”
3. Night of Notables (October 17th, 2018)
You will set up your tri-fold board on a table in the main stage building at the fair ground this night.
What should the tri-fold board look like?
1. Size - The display board must be a tri-fold board. It should be a minimum of 36 x 48 inches. Smaller boards will not have enough room for everything required. Students are encouraged to reuse boards from previous projects that I have. You may purchase one if you prefer.
2. Border - All boards must have a border. This border should represent the notable character in images. For example, a writer might use a pattern of pencils and books. Other border ideas include quotes or photos. The border should be high contrast and add meaning to the experience.
3. Center Panel - The center panel includes the notable character's name in large, high contrast letters. They should be at least 4 inches tall. Under the name should be a photo of the notable person. It should be backed on a high contrast piece of paper. Below that, along the bottom edge is the time line. This may go on as is or can be backed with another piece of paper for contrast.
4. Left Panel - The left panel will hold 10 trivia questions. These will be done in class so that they are formatted correctly.
5. Right Panel - This is the area for you to go wild. There is nothing official that has to be on the right panel, it is where you may put other information, images, etc that you feel would enhance the presentation.
**Table set-up must include artifacts concerning your notable and something that is TAKE AWAY!!!