MYP Personal Project
What is the Personal Project?
"The MYP personal project helps students develop confidence as principled, lifelong learners. Students in the final year of the programme explore an area of personal interest over an extended period. Through this independent inquiry, students consolidate their learning and develop important skills-for further education and life beyond the classroom.
MYP personal project reports are externally moderated by the IB to ensure a globally-consistent standard of excellence." (IBO, 2015)
Ask yourself these questions before deciding on a goal to make a proposal:
What do I want to achieve through my personal project?
- What are your interests and passions?
- Pick an idea you are truly interested in to help you stay focused throughout the process.
What do I want others to understand though my work? / What impact do Iwant my project to have?
- Figure out how you could support others with your skills.
How can a specific context enrich my project?
You will have four phases to complete throughout your project:
INVESTIGATING: Research and increase your knowledge (A).
PLANNING how you will achieve your goal (B).
TAKING ACTION: Creating and completing your product (C).
REFLECTING on your work from different angles (D).
You will need to complete and submit all 3 components on time (Managebac deadlines):
- Product/Outcome - your goal
- Process Journal - a record of your process and progress right from the start
- Report - the assessed part reporting on the whole process and product
You will need to show evidence of academic honesty:
Academic honesty is a must, at all times.
Communicate with your supervisor on Managebac - an academic honesty form will be generated from your meeting notes.