We are interested in understanding the neural mechanisms underlying social cognition and emotional experiences. We focus on the cognitive and emotional consequences of brain pathologies whether psychiatric, acquired or developmental. In addition, recently we are involved in research projects that examine emotional and cognitive brain functions in healthy subjects using imaging and brain stimulation techniques.
- Characterizing the anatomical correlates of social cognition. Understanding the neural basis of empathy. How do we understand each other? How do we recognize other people's emotions? How do we understand the others' mental states?
- Understanding the emotional and social consequences of developmental disorders, affective disorders, personality disorders and schizophrenia.
- Characterizing the anatomical correlates of decision-making and economic behavior. The role of emotion and perspective taking in decision making.
- Understanding the anatomical correlates of competitive emotions such as envy and schadenfreude.
7/1/19 - Great representation of our lab by Rotem, Inbar and Hadas at the ISFN annual meeting!
6/18 - Congratulations for Orit Nafcha for winning the exclusive Azrieli fellows scholarship!
- Congratulations for Dr. Pavel's publication at PNAS!
also cited in YNET!
- Dr. Leehe Peled-Avrons' research in YNET!
THE SOCIAL AND AFFECTIVE NEUROSCIENCE LAB, Prof. Simone Shamay-Tsoory | University of Haifa, Mount Carmel, Haifa, 31905