Itai Beeri, PhD
Itai Beeri is an Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer in the School of Political Science at the University of Haifa. He is also the Head of the Public Administration and Policy, MPA Program. As a domain expert in Public Administration and Policy, Dr. Beeri pursues a research agenda focused on governance, local democracy, regional collaborations, central-local relations, new-localism and new-regionalism, public turnaround management strategies and public recovery.
- Uster, Anna, Beeri, Itai, and Vashdi, Dana (2018). Don’t Push Too Hard: Examining Local Government Managerial Behaviors in Collaborative Networks with Non-profit Organizations, Local Government Studies 45(1), 124-145 .
- Beeri, Itai, Uster, Anna, and Vigoda-Gadot, Eran (2018). Does performance management relate to good governance? A study of its relationship with citizens’ satisfaction with and trust in Israeli local government, Public Performance & Management Review .
- Gal-Arieli, Nivi, Beeri, Itai, Vigoda-Gadot, Eran, and Reichman, Amnon (2018). Leadership Transforming Education: Leadership Style and Local Authority Involvement in Education, Megamot, 52(2), 223-258 .
- Frish Aviram, Neomi, Cohen Nissim and Beeri, Itai, (2018) Low-level bureaucrats, local government regimes and policy entrepreneurship, Policy Sciences, 51, 1, 39–57.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv and Beeri, Itai, (2018). How effective is central enforcement? Evidence from convened committees in failing local authorities, Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space, 36(2) 357–380.
- Navot, Doron and Beeri, Itai (2018). The Public's Conception of Political Corruption: A New Measurement Tool and Preliminary Findings, European Political Science, 17(1), 93-110.
- Navot, Doron, and Beeri, Itai. (2017). Conceptualization of Political Corruption, Perceptions of Corruption, and Political Participation in Democracies. Lex localis - Journal of Local Self-Government, 15(2), 199- 219.
- Gal-Arieli, Nivi, Beeri, Itai, Vigoda-Gadot, Eran and Reichman, Amnon, (2017). New Localism or Fuzzy Centralism: Policymakers' Perceptions of Public Education and Involvement in Education, Local Government Studies, 43(4), 598-620.
- Beeri, I, (2017). Direct Administration, Fiscal Discipline and Organizational Performance Improvement in Local Authorities under Crisis: Democratic Deficit or Effective Bureaucracy? A series of research papers in public administration and policy, The Center for Public Management and Policy, University of Haifa (Hebrew).
- Frish Aviram, Neomi, Cohen Nissim and Beeri, Itai, (2017). Low-level bureaucrats, local government regimes and policy entrepreneurship: the case of waste separation in local authorities in Israel. A series of research papers in public administration and policy, The Center for Public Management and Policy, University of Haifa (Hebrew).