Itai Beeri, PhD
Dr. Itai Beeri is a senior lecturer (associate professor) and the Head of the MPA program 'Local Government Administration and Policy' at University of Haifa. With major expertise in public administration & policy, his main research focus lies in local governance, local democracy, central-local relations, public turnaround management strategies and public recovery.
- Beeri, Itai, Uster, Anna, and Vigoda-Gadot, Eran (2018). Does performance management relate to good governance? A study of its relationship with citizens’ satisfaction with and trust in Israeli local government, Public Performance & Management Review .
- Gal-Arieli, Nivi, Beeri, Itai, Vigoda-Gadot, Eran, and Reichman, Amnon (2018). Leadership Transforming Education: Leadership Style and Local Authority Involvement in Education, Megamot, 52(2), 223-258 .
- Frish Aviram, Neomi, Cohen Nissim and Beeri, Itai, (2018) Low-level bureaucrats, local government regimes and policy entrepreneurship, Policy Sciences, 51, 1, 39–57.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv and Beeri, Itai, (2018). How effective is central enforcement? Evidence from convened committees in failing local authorities, Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space, 36(2) 357–380.
- Navot, Doron, and Beeri, Itai. (2017). Conceptualization of Political Corruption, Perceptions of Corruption, and Political Participation in Democracies. Lex localis - Journal of Local Self-Government, 15(2), 199- 219.
- Gal-Arieli, Nivi, Beeri, Itai, Vigoda-Gadot, Eran and Reichman, Amnon, (2017). New Localism or Fuzzy Centralism: Policymakers' Perceptions of Public Education and Involvement in Education, Local Government Studies, 43(4), 598-620.
- Beeri, I, (2017). Direct Administration, Fiscal Discipline and Organizational Performance Improvement in Local Authorities under Crisis: Democratic Deficit or Effective Bureaucracy? A series of research papers in public administration and policy, The Center for Public Management and Policy, University of Haifa (Hebrew).
- Frish Aviram, Neomi, Cohen Nissim and Beeri, Itai, (2017). Low-level bureaucrats, local government regimes and policy entrepreneurship: the case of waste separation in local authorities in Israel. A series of research papers in public administration and policy, The Center for Public Management and Policy, University of Haifa (Hebrew).