Use the Touchpad:
- Right-Click: 2-Finger Click
- Scroll: 2-Finger Swipe Up or Down
- Switch Between Tabs: 3-Fingers Swipe Right or Left
- See All Open WIndows: 3-FIngers Swipe Up
Video-Recording on a Chromebook
First: Remember you can record video directly within Canvas!
Teachers can record video for pages and assignments directly inside of Canvas by clicking the media record icon in the second row of the editing toolbar.
In assignments, teachers can give students the option to create and submit a "media recording" by choosing this as a "Submission Type" in the assignment's settings.
Outside of Canvas, to use the webcam on a Chromebook to record videos, here are some well-rated options:
Apps in the Chrome Web Store:
Screencasting Apps (screen video recording):
Two Quick Notes:
- With either option, students will likely need to allow the site or app to use their webcam and microphone.
- Once they are done recording, students may need to select their saving location in the app (e.g. their Google Drive), or check their Downloads folder within Files on their Chromebook.