Welcome to EC Online
This page has been developed to support students and families in remote learning from home. This site is constantly being updated so make sure to check back in to see what's new.
How do I learn from home?
Allocate 3-4 hours for schoolwork per day. Try and choose times of the day that work best for you and negotiate this with your family.
Organise a Daily Routine
· Be practical and flexible
· Don’t overcommit yourself – you can only do what you can do!
· Adapt your routine if it is not working for you
· Consider your daily commitments and negotiate with those in your household (access to the internet, use of space & computers)
· Check Google Classroom and your emails every day
· Make sure that you have regular breaks
· Take time away from your screen
· Stay active - build some exercise and fresh air into your daily routine
Your Study Space
Choose a dedicated place in the house that is comfortable and has all the items you need easily accessible and is well lit.
Ensure the location has strong WiFi connectivity and that there is plenty of natural light.
Where possible, avoid setting up in areas with the television on or with other family members who may be a distraction.
To make sure your routine is effective, avoid social media during school hours to avoid distractions. Split-screening with Netflix or having television/people in the background can impact on your work output.
Consider using ‘Screen Time’ limits and the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature on your phone while working and keep your Chromebook screen space to 3-4 tabs maximum, all related to your schoolwork.