Are you ready to geek out and take Google to a whole NEW LEVEL! Are you a passionate teacher who loves technology to support inquiry and invention? Do you love to learn? Well then the EmTech U Makerspace Maniacs Learning Academy may be the place for you! This is a small group of committed learners who are ready to dive deep into setting up or continuing to grow a makerspace with any budget. You learn about coding, robotics, 3D printing, media creation, invention, and more! Because of our limited space available, we are requesting applications for this PD program. Applicants don't need to be a high skill level, but instead a desire to invest deeply in constructivist teaching with makerspace materials .
Full Days August 29 -November 26 - March 14
You will get:
- makerspace training, certification, and support
- A deeper level of learning to using a vast array of educational technologies to transform teaching and learning in the classroom
- Classroom support from the EmTech Team!
- access to new technology and tools to support your student centered classrooms like robotics, micro:bits, MakeyMakeys, electronic circuits, Raspberry Pis, 3D printers, and green screens.
- a community of learners who will support one another and share valuable resources
- geeky extras and a whole lot of FUN!
- Professional Development throughout the year all kicking off with a Makerspace Maniac Boot Camp August 28!
What we need from you:
- a commitment to be part of a learning community
- an open mind to try new ideas, a sense of adventure, and a willingness to learn
- be open to sharing your classroom makerspace experiences with the larger ECSD community
Requirements for applicants:
- your role must include teaching time in the classroom
- you must be willing to share your classroom experience with ECSD community as part of either visits, video, and/or shared stories
- you must be willing to share classroom resources with the community
- you must attend the 3 makerspace sessions throughout the year (sub costs covered by EmTech)