The High School for Enterprise, Business and Technology (EBT) Located in Brooklyn, NY, USA
Mission: The school community at the High School for Enterprise, Business and Technology advances our scholars’ academic excellence and global citizenship. We value their diversity and foster their cognitive, creative, and social intelligence. In partnership with industries and post-secondary institutions, our scholars learn how to impact the world as responsible, caring, and productive citizens.
What is going on at EBT?
Beginning on January 6, 2020, EBT is becoming a phone-free space. Information about the implementation of Yondr phone pouches was mailed home to all parents, and is available here:
- Parent letter - English: what is Yondr and why is EBT implementing this policy?
- Parent letter - Spanish
- Full Yondr policy: how will policy be implemented and enforced?
- Full Yondr policy - Spanish
- No Cell Phone Verification Form: if your child does not bring a cell phone to school, please fill out this form and have student return it to room 416A.
The school day runs from 8:15am-2:35pm, five days a week. There is no longer a modified bell schedule on Fridays. We look forward to seeing all new and returning students!
In May, 2018, EBT was approved by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) to offer the IB Diploma Programme. According to the IB web site, students in this internationally recognized program will:
- be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
- take part in programs of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
EBT Bell Schedule