Eastland ISD Parent and Family Engagement
Experience and research tell us that a child succeeds in education with good communication and a strong partnership between home and school.
A parent’s involvement and engagement in this partnership may include:
● Encouraging your child to put a high priority on education and working with your child every day to make the most of the educational opportunities the school provides.
● Ensuring that your child completes all homework assignments and special projects and comes to school each day prepared, rested, and ready to learn.
● Becoming familiar with all your child’s school activities and with the academic programs, including special programs, offered in the district.
● Discussing with the school counselor or principal any questions you may have about the options and opportunities available to your child.
● Reviewing the requirements and options for graduation with your child in middle school and again while your child is enrolled in high school.
● Monitoring your child’s academic progress and contacting teachers as needed. Contact school counselors:
o Siebert: Bethany Odom - https://sites.google.com/eastland.esc14.net/bodom/home
o Middle School: Lacy Majors - https://sites.google.com/eastland.esc14.net/majors
High School: Melissa Wilson - https://sites.google.com/eastland.esc14.net/mwilson
● Attending scheduled conferences and requesting additional conferences as needed. To schedule a telephone or in-person conference with a teacher, school counselor, or principal, please call the campus offices for an appointment. The teacher will usually return your call or meet with you during his or her conference period or before or after school.
o Siebert: 254-631-5080
o Middle School: 254-631-5040
o High School: 254-631-5000
o Central Administration: 254-631-5120
● Becoming a school volunteer. Contact any campus to learn how you can help.
● Participating in campus parent organizations.
● Serving as a parent representative on the district-level or campus-level planning committees that develop educational goals and plans to improve student achievement. For more information, see policies BQA and BQB and contact:
o Jeremy Williams
o Assistant Superintendent
o 209 West Main suite B, Eastland TX 76448
● Serving on the School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) and assisting the district in aligning local community values with health education instruction and other wellness issues. [See School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) on page and policies BDF, EHAA, FFA for more information.]
● Being aware of the school’s ongoing bullying and harassment prevention efforts.
● Contacting school officials if you are concerned with your child’s emotional or mental well-being.
● Attending board meetings to learn more about district operations. Regular board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p. m. at 209 W. Main Suite B, Eastland TX 76448
● . An agenda for a regular or special meeting is posted no later than 72 hours before each meeting at 209 W. Main Suite B, Eastland TX 76448 and online at www.eastlandisd.net. [See policies BE and BED for more information.]
Step Up and Volunteer