Google Earth Engine User Summit 2018
When: 12-14 June 2018
Where: Google Campus, Dublin, Ireland (new location!)
Who: The summit is designed for mapping and technology specialists, researchers and instructors who are actively working on projects or teaching courses related to remote sensing or mapping. You will learn highly practical online tools to collect, analyze, visualize, and publish map data using Earth Engine and other geospatial tools. Current Earth Engine users will get a chance to exchange tips and discuss their projects.
Applicants should meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are currently working on geospatial projects (of their own or with students/collaborators), or have datasets they want to map and analyze.
- Have used Earth Engine in the past and want to share your knowledge and learn more.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Earth Engine
- GIS or remote sensing/image analysis experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming with Google Geo APIs
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their institution.
Participation: To ensure an effective hands-on experience, there will be a limited number of seats. Interested candidates will need to apply to attend the summit, with the application process starting in February 2018.
Cost: Attendance is free. Accepted participants will be responsible for travel and lodging expenses (if necessary).