Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 for Everyone
The full suite of Microsoft Office apps is now available for students, faculty, and staff for no charge while employed or enrolled with the New York City Department of Education. After a funding agreement between the New York City Council, the NYC Department of Education, and Microsoft, this software is available for download on up to five personal computers and five mobile devices per person.
Subscriptions to basic editions of Office 365 cost approximately $70 per year for one computer. The DOE and the NYC City Council are providing this software for free for all faculty, staff, and students.
Instructions for Students
Follow the directions below carefully to install Office on your personal computer. You can not use any pre-installed versions of Office. As such, follow these directions carefully.
- Visit https://studentoffice.net and enter your birthday and home phone number on file with the school. Do not attempt to enter your email address. If your home phone number is not working, see Mr. Bissonnette in school to find the phone number on file, or email Mr. Bissonnette or Ms. Browne from PupilPath.
- You will be presented with an email address ending in @studentoffice.net. Write down this email address!
- Set your password, and recovery email address. Be sure to follow all password rules.
- After setting your password, you will see a link to download. You can then download the software setup files and begin installtion.
- Once everything is installed, it will ask you to activate Office. You will need to enter the email address given to you in step 2 (the one ending in @studentoffice.net) and the password you created.
Instructions for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff can access Office using their DOE Outlook account information.
- Visit https://portal.office365.com and log in with your DOE email address and password. Be sure to enter your full DOE email address.
- There will be a blue button towards the top right of the page that says Install Office 2016. Click on it.
- The software will download and install.
- Once everything is installed, it will ask you to activate Office. you will need to enter your full DOE email address and password.
If you encounter any issues, contact the DOE Help Desk at (718) 935-5100. (This number is for DOE employees only.)
The Eagle Academy for Young Men • Bronx NY Updated last on November 20, 2016