Alumnus Camp Counselor
Koortbojian Summer Reading Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor reports directly to the Director of the camp.
Scope of Responsibility
The Summer Reading Camp Counselor will work closely with the assistant teacher on operational and recreational tasks. The camp counselor will be responsible for positively engaging the campers in team building activities, as well as interactive and inclusive sports activities. The camp counselor should at all times exude the values and principles of the Durham Nativity School.
- Enforce school-wide policies, procedures, and regulations
- Provide the highest level of customer service to parents, staff and students enrolled in camp
- Assist with craft and reading projects
- Lead reading circles while ensuring that campers are engaged
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies
- Create and lead team-building or team sports activities
- Collaborate with the assistant teacher and interns regarding student check-in and dismissal
- Distribute morning snacks and maintain the kitchen and classrooms clean
- Durham Nativity School alumnus between the ages of 16-18, with reliable transportation.
- 20 hrs/week; 8am-12pm
Compensation is competitive with similar camp counselor positions and is commensurate with experience