In Integrated Physics and Chemistry, students conduct field and laboratory investigations, use scientific methods during investigations, and make informed decisions using critical thinking and scientific problem solving. Students will be taught the basics of physics and chemistry that will enable them to become more knowledgeable and successful upon taking the more advanced physics and chemistry curriculum.
Course Objectives: Students will demonstrate
- the ability to think abstractly
- problem solving skills
- proper and safe laboratory procedures
- the ability to combine classroom knowledge with laboratory discoveries
- the ability to write scientifically
- the ability to apply science to real-world situations