GAEL SWAT Team
GAEL SWAT (Students Working to Advance Technology) Team is a student-led team dedicated to student and staff technical support at Dublin High School. These students volunteer their time before/after school, during GAEL periods, and for special functions.
If you are interested in joining the team, please fill out this form.
- Volunteer hours
- Customer service skills
- Hands-on IT training
- Time management
- Team work
- Leadership skills
- Digital citizenship
- Support students & teachers technically
- Communication skills/“People” skills
- Transcript specification for tech support
- Transferrable skills to college/career
- Student support (Google Apps, computer usage/repair, etc.)
- Chromebook check-in/ out
- Tutorials on apps, programs, etc.
- Update Student Mentor Website
- Shadow Mr. Lam for Help Desk tickets
- Support teachers
- (utilizing tech in classroom, computer usage/repair, etc.)
- Setup for guest or special presentations
- SBAC Testing support
- (inventory supplies, move carts, etc.)
- HUB print support
- G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Copy machine maintenance
- Substitute laptop check out and check in
- Chromebook OS update
- Digital Citizenship awareness
- Spirit activities -- coming soon!
Accountability before/after school, lunch & GAEL:
Students wear lime green lanyards and make themselves available to students who may need assistance before school starts. Teachers also send students to the HUB for printing support. HUB personnel rely on SWAT members to aid in Chromebook distribution and copy machine maintenance. A SWAT member is at the SWAT Station to help with questions.
- Students must sign and adhere to the code of conduct contract. Students are given a designated wifi signal and limited administrative access to assist with OS updates and projects on which Mr. Lam is working.
- Team members are examples of how to treat hardware on campus.
- Members use technology skills for good.
- Members are leaders of digital citizenship.