The Trump administration’s monstrous approach to immigration policy is a humanitarian and moral catastrophe, one that must be mended immediately. But we cannot simply go back to how we were under the Obama or Bush administrations: American immigration policy has been cruel for a long, long time, and we have to do more than simply repeal what Trump has done.
The United States should:
- Institute a policy of open borders, with absolute freedom of movement into and out of the United States (with exceptions for criminals attempting to escape the law).
- Observe its international commitments with respect to migrants and refugees (as set out in the 2016 New York Declaration).
- Abolish the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement, which was only founded in 2003 and which has only functioned as a destructive secret police tasked with promoting fear in immigrant communities.
- Offer immediate legal status to all undocumented immigrants who have resided in the country for more than three years on a three-year pathway to citizenship.
- Pass a law against deporting any veteran of the U.S. military.
USE THIS PAGE AS A STARTING POINT IN YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING EDUCATED AND EVENTUALLY MAKING YOUR VOICE HEARD IN THE 2020 ELECTIONS.
THIS IS A NON-PARTISAN RESOURCE.
INFORMATION ON ALL CANDIDATES POLICIES REGARDING IMMIGRATION WERE RESEARCHED TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY AND INCLUDED ON THIS PAGE - IF WE MISSED ONE PLEASE SEND IT OUR WAY AT INFO@DREAMBIGNV.ORG.
AS A 501(C)(3) CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION, WE DO NOT SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ANY CANDIDATE, CAMPAIGN, OR POLITICAL PARTY.