GITHENS MIDDLE SCHOOL
What is PAAC?
● PAAC is an effective program that helps parents to organize support for Black students under a unified purpose at their school.
● It can be developed as a sub-committee of the PTA led by one or more African American parents/guardians at a school who have a strong desire for educational equity for Black students.
● This program is open to any member of the PTA/PTSA or school who supports the mission of PAAC.
Mission: To inspire our students to achieve academic success while expecting higher educational standards from their schools.
1. Increase participation in Black parent/guardian leadership within a school as a centralized contact to reach other Black parents/guardians in support and advocacy.
2. Change the culture and the climate in the school to support Black parents’ engagement.
3. Engage more parents/guardians in relation to educational disparity and eliminating the opportunity gap.
How can I get involved at Githens Middle School?
Parents interested in supporting and leading in PAAC at Githens are encouraged to complete the interest form. PAAC holds meetings as well as sharing and listening sessions throughout the year to capture members' input. Please join us and share your voice. Githens PAAC Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do? (Examples of recent PAAC Actions):
● Advocate for and help supply culturally inclusive literature in each classrooms
● Host African-American Student forums, and support Black Student Unions
● Mobilize speakers at Board of Education meetings to discuss equity gaps
CONTACT EMAIL FOR GITHENS PAAC email@example.com