K-12 STANDARDS, CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
This website serves as a central hub for World Language educators, administrators, institutions of higher education, and other interested parties. This hub houses the repositories, communications, and recommended resources related to the implementation of the North Carolina World Languages Standard Course of Study (SCoS). World Language educators are encouraged to browse, reference, download, share, discuss, and adapt resources.
Use the links above or the drop down navigation bar in the upper right corner to access information and resources.
Dr. Ann Marie Gunter, World Languages Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-807-3833)
World Languages for All
World Language study benefits all students.
The study of another language leads to:
- higher scores on standardized tests (reading, math, SAT),
- greater cognitive development in the areas of mental flexibility, creativity, divergent thinking and higher-order thinking skills,
- a broader English vocabulary,
- a better understanding of one’s own language and culture, and
- enhanced career opportunities.