Holocaust Education Professional Development
Holocaust Education Workshops In North Carolina
In close partnership with the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, the North Carolina Council on the Holocaust presents eight to nine teacher workshops throughout the school year at sites across the state. Over 12,000 teachers and administrators have attended Council workshops since 1989.
Each workshop focuses on one of six topics:
- Why Teach about the Holocaust in 2019?
- Historical and Contemporary Anti-Semitism
- The History of the Holocaust: The N.C. Connection
- Resistance in the Holocaust
- State of Deception: Nazi Propaganda
- Oath and Opposition: Education in the Third Reich.